Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Daniel Faber <ma...@daniel-faber.de> on 2010/12/02 13:45:17 UTC

Swing-based OSGi management console

Hello,

for a Swing-based desktop application with embedded OSGi framework I'm
looking for an OSGi management console.  Something similar to the Felix
Web Console, but with Swing GUI instead of web interface.  Are you aware
of such a project?

Daniel

RE: Swing-based OSGi management console

Posted by "Hlusi, Jiri (NSN - FI/Tampere)" <ji...@nsn.com>.
Hello,

Time ago I briefly tried Knoplerfish Desktop:
http://www.knopflerfish.org/releases/current/docs/bundledoc/index.html?d
ocpage=desktop/index.html

Worked quite fine, and actually I ran it off a
Felix framework instance. If I remember right,
there were no dependencies on other bundles, so
the desktop was easy to take into use....

Best Regards,
Jiri

we have developed a really simple thing called GUICA, enabling to
install/start/stop/uninstall bundles and explore their basic
properties.  Have a look at http://wiki.kiv.zcu.cz/Guica/HomePage.  Any
feedback is welcome.

Premek

--
Premek Brada (Ing et MSc, PhD)
   Lecturer in Software enginering, Webmaster

Re: Swing-based OSGi management console

Posted by Premek Brada <br...@kiv.zcu.cz>.
Hi,

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 02.12.2010, 15:05 +0100 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:45 PM, Daniel Faber <ma...@daniel-faber.de> wrote:
> > ...for a Swing-based desktop application with embedded OSGi framework I'm
> > looking for an OSGi management console.  Something similar to the Felix
> > Web Console, but with Swing GUI instead of web interface.  Are you aware
> > of such a project?...
>
> There's http://www.knopflerfish.org/desktop.html but I have no idea if
> and how well it works with Felix.

Of course it works well with Apache Felix ;-)

Regards
Felix

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,