Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ashish Vijaywargiya <to...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/04 14:47:59 UTC

Why specialized folder has been removed ?????

Hi,
 Why the specialized folder has been removed from the new apache ofbiz svn.
 I was working on a project and i was handling that project from specialized folder.

 What should i will do if i would like to keep specialized folder as it was in the ofbiz home directory ??
 Any specific reason for the removal of specialized folder ???

 Thanks in advance.

 Regards
 Ashish Vijaywargiya

---------------------------------

Re: Why specialized folder has been removed ?????

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
it just will not be in the path any more, you will have to add it to the
main build.xml component-load.xml and framework/base/ofbiz-containers.xml
as you would if it was your own application folder in ofbiz.
Just some extra steps every time you so a refresh of the svn and those
files have been changed.

What I have done is copy and rename these to I have the data to re-paste
into the files.

Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 7/4/2006 5:47 AM:

Posted by Ray Barlow <ra...@makeyour-point.com>.
The specialized folder contains libraries and projects that are not
going to be transitioned to the Apache SVN. For the libraries this is
due to licensing complications i.e. they are not compatible with the the
Apache license.

The projects are not considered to be part of the core framework and
applications but my understanding is that the specialized folder will
live on, and be maintained, in its current location.

If the above is correct then I expect it will get built into the
documentation at some point on how it needs to be set up etc.

Ray