Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jose Ramon Diaz <jo...@aranzadi.es> on 2004/04/01 11:27:51 UTC

TokenProcesor and synchronization

Hello,

  I have an interesting problem. We need to avoid duplicate form submission
as the load in server may be heavy.
  I´ve read
    http://www.javaworld.com/javatips/jw-javatip136_p.html

  and the API of TokenProcessor.
  I think I know the way of achieving that the last HTTP POST of the user
(if he hits the sumbit button twice or more) returns the same forward as the
first submission and the rest of the posts doesn´t execute, as will be
waiting synchronized.

  BUT, this can work when the Token in JSP that submits the form is
reloaded, but ...
   What happens with FRAMES? We have the submit button in one frame and the
target of the form in another frame. So the TOKEN isn´t reloaded after
hitting the submit button.

   Any idea about how to achieve the synchronization of the submits if there
are frames?

    Thanks a lot in advance!!!

          Jose R.