Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <We...@asu.edu> on 2003/06/03 00:42:45 UTC

Replacement for ValidatorUtil?

I'm compiling a Struts webapp against the 6/2 nightly which I understand
includes the nightly for Commons.  I'm getting:

warning: org.apache.commons.validator.ValidatorUtil in
org.apache.commons.validator has been deprecated

I looked at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/validator/apidocs/org/apache/commons/valid
ator/ValidatorUtil.html

But there is no mention of it being deprecated or what to use in its place,
and nothing with a similar signature in the index.

What should I use instead?

--
Wendy Smoak
Applications Systems Analyst, Sr.

RE: Replacement for ValidatorUtil?

Posted by Matthew Denson <md...@dayspring-tech.com>.
Hi Wendy,

ValidatorUtil was moved to the org.apache.commons.validator.util package
and is now called ValidatorUtils.

To see the source look at:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/

All the best,