Posted to wsrp4j-dev@portals.apache.org by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org> on 2004/06/02 22:52:22 UTC

Axis 1.2 Beta dependency

Gang,

We have a dependency on an interface change for Axis 1.2 .  I've changed
the gump project file so that it doesn't complain anymore, but this
raises the question as to when to upgrade to Axis 1.2.

At this moment, I don't know what else would have to change.

Axis 1.2 is in beta.  Should we just go there and require Axis 1.2? or
wait until after Axis 1.2 moves out of beta?

--
Julie MacNaught
IBM Research

Re: Axis 1.2 Beta dependency

Posted by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org>.

Richard Jacob wrote:

> Julie MacNaught wrote:
>
>> Gang,
>>
>> We have a dependency on an interface change for Axis 1.2 .  I've
>> changed the gump project file so that it doesn't complain anymore,
>> but this raises the question as to when to upgrade to Axis 1.2.
>>
>> At this moment, I don't know what else would have to change.
>>
>> Axis 1.2 is in beta.  Should we just go there and require Axis 1.2?
>> or wait until after Axis 1.2 moves out of beta?
>>
> I gen'd the new stubs and classes with axis 1.2 and did the
> appropriate changes.
> Things seem to run well.
> I would suggest to switch over to axis 1.2.
>
> If nobody objects I will commit it in the next few days after I've run
> some sanity checks...
>
> cu
> Richard

Great!  Can you check the generated stubs to see if the xml:lang
attribute is set correctly in this version?  A bug was reported about
this, but I closed it because it's an Axis issue.  See the bug here:
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/WSRP4J-21

--
Julie MacNaught
IBM Research