Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Cloud List <cl...@sg.or.id> on 2016/06/06 06:21:59 UTC

LXC container template for CloudStack

Dear all,

I am trying to add an LXC cluster in addition to the existing running KVM
cluster in my CloudStack 4.8.0 test environment.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LXC+Support+in+Cloudstack

I understand that the LXC container template for CloudStack is not provided
/ bundled by default, so we need to create one or download. May I know:

(1) How do we create one? I follow the instruction on how to create LXC
template for Ubuntu here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LXC+Template+creation#LXCTemplatecreation-CreatingtemplateonUbuntu

It requires us to install lxc (apt-get install lxc) but doing so will
remove cloudstack-agent package hosted on the same host.

(2) Where can we download ready-to-use LXC container template for
CloudStack?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

-ip-

Re: LXC container template for CloudStack

Posted by Cloud List <cl...@sg.or.id>.
Thanks Kishan.

Have tried downloading the template and create a container on my LXC
cluster (host is running Ubuntu), and it fails. Not too sure if it's
because I tried to spin off a CentOS 7 container on an Ubuntu 12.04 LXC
host?I understand that for container, the kernel of the guest container
must be the same as the host OS?

Thank you.

Posted by Cloud List <cl...@sg.or.id>.
Thanks Kishan.

Posted by Kishan Kavala <ki...@accelerite.com>.
You can try this centos 7 template for LXC: http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/centos-7-x86_64.tar.gz

Anyone can point me to any URLs containing ready-to-use LXC container template for Cloudstack, ready for download?

Thank you.

-ip-

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Cloud List <cl...@sg.or.id> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to add an LXC cluster in addition to the existing running
> KVM cluster in my CloudStack 4.8.0 test environment.
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LXC+Support+in+
> Cloudstack
>
> I understand that the LXC container template for CloudStack is not
> provided / bundled by default, so we need to create one or download.
> May I
> know:
>
> (1) How do we create one? I follow the instruction on how to create
> LXC template for Ubuntu here:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LXC+Template+cr
> eation#LXCTemplatecreation-CreatingtemplateonUbuntu
>
> It requires us to install lxc (apt-get install lxc) but doing so will
> remove cloudstack-agent package hosted on the same host.
>
> (2) Where can we download ready-to-use LXC container template for
> CloudStack?
>
> Looking forward to your reply, thank you.
>
> Cheers.
>
> -ip-

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

RE: LXC container template for CloudStack

Posted by Kishan Kavala <ki...@accelerite.com>.
You can try this centos 7 template for LXC: http://download.cloud.com/templates/builtin/centos-7-x86_64.tar.gz

Anyone can point me to any URLs containing ready-to-use LXC container template for Cloudstack, ready for download?

Thank you.

-ip-

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Cloud List <cl...@sg.or.id> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to add an LXC cluster in addition to the existing running
> KVM cluster in my CloudStack 4.8.0 test environment.
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LXC+Support+in+
> Cloudstack
>
> I understand that the LXC container template for CloudStack is not
> provided / bundled by default, so we need to create one or download.
> May I
> know:
>
> (1) How do we create one? I follow the instruction on how to create
> LXC template for Ubuntu here:
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/LXC+Template+cr
> eation#LXCTemplatecreation-CreatingtemplateonUbuntu
>
> It requires us to install lxc (apt-get install lxc) but doing so will
> remove cloudstack-agent package hosted on the same host.
>
> (2) Where can we download ready-to-use LXC container template for
> CloudStack?
>
> Looking forward to your reply, thank you.
>
> Cheers.
>
> -ip-

DISCLAIMER

Posted by Cloud List <cl...@sg.or.id>.