Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Calvin Deiterich <ce...@hacc.edu> on 2006/05/24 13:58:21 UTC

Creating "Busy Page" while Tomcat is processing

In my ongoing project to create a PDF phone list I know find it
necessary to create a "busy" page while tomcat is processing the data.
I am using servlets and java code to do all the work.
Any ideas on if or how I should proceed.
Thanks
Calvin

Re: Creating "Busy Page" while Tomcat is processing

Posted by Edgar Meij <ed...@gmail.com>.
This is (exactly) what you need:

http://itextdocs.lowagie.com/tutorial/general/webapp/#timeout

Googling might help sometimes :)

Edgar

On 5/24/06, Calvin  Deiterich <ce...@hacc.edu> wrote:
> In my ongoing project to create a PDF phone list I know find it
> necessary to create a "busy" page while tomcat is processing the data.
> I am using servlets and java code to do all the work.
> Any ideas on if or how I should proceed.
> Thanks
> Calvin

'An approximate answer to the right question is worth a great deal
more than a precise answer to the wrong question'

Re: Creating "Busy Page" while Tomcat is processing

Posted by Marc Farrow <ma...@gmail.com>.
this question would get a much better response by asking in a JSP/Java
forum/list.

On 5/24/06, Calvin Deiterich <ce...@hacc.edu> wrote:

> In my ongoing project to create a PDF phone list I know find it
> necessary to create a "busy" page while tomcat is processing the data.
> I am using servlets and java code to do all the work.
> Any ideas on if or how I should proceed.
> Thanks
> Calvin

Marc Farrow