Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jani Väisänen <ja...@syncrontech.com> on 2004/04/13 15:29:08 UTC

Performance issues?

Hi,

Has anyone seen any comparison documents between different web services
toolkits? I have been training the use of AXIS for few weeks now and I
have liked it. But today I heard that I should stay away from AXIS
because it has some performance issues. The person who told that, didn't
want to explain those issues.

I would like to find comparisons between toolkits and some performance
statistics.
So if anyone could help me, it would be really nice.

Jani

Re: Performance issues?

Posted by Stuart Barlow <sb...@peopledoc.com>.
:-) Frustrating.

I would like to say that in the area of SOAP attachments the
DataHandler class's use of memory is very good compared to
specifying the return type as a byte[].

To send a 1MB document tomcat grows from ~22MB at startup to
~34MB after one call. And after repeated calls it settles at
about 40MB.

To send a 5MB document tomcat grows by roughly the same amount.

Where as with a standard byte[] return type a 5MB document was
blowing tomcat upto 125MB.

So thanks for all the good work!
Stuart.

Re: Performance issues?