Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Bryan Mason <br...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/22 20:38:41 UTC

feature patch attached: maven-scm-plugin: submit files in batches

Hello,

I wanted to submit a patch that I made to the maven-scm-plugin for sending
files to SCM in a batch fashion.  I tried to submit it to
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSCMPUB (the URL specified at
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-scm-publish-plugin/issue-tracking.html)
but I wasn't able to create a JIRA account there so that I could create a
feature request ticket with the patch.

I wrote this patch as I encountered an error on my debian-based linux
server where the plugin generated extremely long commands (
https://wiki.debian.org/CommonErrorMessages/ArgumentListTooLong).  I
developed the patch against the latest released version (1.1).  Here's the
error I saw in my Maven build:

Cannot run program "/bin/sh" (in directory "/my/server/path"):
error=7, Argument list too long
I was able to successfully run the plugin by adding configuration for
the new batchSize parameter that is added in the patch:

<plugin>
 <artifactId>maven-scm-publish-plugin</artifactId>

 <configuration>
  <!-- defaults to -1 meaning to NOT batch added files -->
  <batchSize>50</batchSize>
 </configuration>

</plugin>

I am interested in adding this code to the official plugin and I am
happy to provide this code to the Maven community at large under a
CAA.

Thanks!

Bryan C. Mason