Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com> on 2001/07/25 06:37:25 UTC

TC 3.3 B1: CLASSPATH

The announcement reads:
--------
The new class loader scheme in this release ignores your CLASSPATH
setting. Instead, you may add needed jars to Tomcat's "lib/apps",
"lib/common", and "lib/container" directories. See the "readme" file
in Tomcat's "doc" directory for details.
Also supported are two System properties:
     org.apache.tomcat.apps.classpath
     org.apache.tomcat.common.classpath
which add their listed classes and jars to the jars in "lib/apps"
and "lib/common", respectively.

And yet my CLASSPATH and all jars get picked up (not that this is a
problem ;-). I've inspected tomcat.sh and didn't see anything that would
suggest the above. Did I miss something? Am I reading this the wrong
way?

Bojan