Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2011/04/11 18:37:51 UTC

Clarifying "fetchindex" command

Hi,

Can one actually *force* replication of the index from the master without a
commit being issued on the master since the last replication?

I do see "Force a fetchindex on slave from master command:
http://slave_host:port/solr/replication?command=fetchindex" on
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication#HTTP_API, but that feels more like
"force the replication *now* instead of waiting for the slave to poll the
master" than "force the replication even if there is no new commit point and no
new index version on the master".  Which one is it, really?

Thanks,
Otis
----

Re: Clarifying "fetchindex" command

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Looking at the code, issuing a fetchindex will cause the fetch to occur right away, with no respect for polling.

- Mark

On Apr 11, 2011, at 12:37 PM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can one actually *force* replication of the index from the master without a
> commit being issued on the master since the last replication?
>
> I do see "Force a fetchindex on slave from master command:
> http://slave_host:port/solr/replication?command=fetchindex" on
> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication#HTTP_API, but that feels more like
> "force the replication *now* instead of waiting for the slave to poll the
> master" than "force the replication even if there is no new commit point and no
> new index version on the master".  Which one is it, really?
>
> Thanks,
> Otis
> ----

- Mark Miller