Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Fitzpatrick <li...@webtent.net> on 2007/08/24 15:09:43 UTC

How to stop these?

Anyone seen these, first reported to us today, but a lot...can they be
stopped. Bayes even gives negative score...we are running SA 3.2.1 with
SARE rules, Botnet, KAM, chickenpox...

http://esmtp.webtent.net/mail1.txt

 pts rule name              description
 0.0 BOTNET_SERVERWORDS     Hostname contains server-like substrings
                   [botnet_serverwords,ip=64.12.137.5,rdns=imo-m24.mx.aol.com]
 1.8 MIME_QP_LONG_LINE      RAW: Quoted-printable line longer than 76 chars

--
Robert

Re: How to stop these?

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
What's the problem? "Great Chinese Proverb" is genuine enough, isn't it?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Re: How to stop these?

Posted by bg...@idcomm.com.
Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 06:48 -0700, John D. Hardin wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone seen these, first reported to us today, but a lot...can
>>> they be stopped. Bayes even gives negative score...we are running
>>> SA 3.2.1 with SARE rules, Botnet, KAM, chickenpox...
>>>
>>> http://esmtp.webtent.net/mail1.txt
>> Hrm. About the only useful thing I can see is the number of
>> recipients. You might want to add a point for more than ten or so
>> addresses in the TO: header. I posted some rules for that a few days
>> ago.
>
> Thanks for the ideas, I found your rules, but don't seem to fire on my
> message after updating to 15...
>
> (?:,[^,]{1,80}){15}
>
> I'm new to my own rules. I know regex's in Perl, SQL, etc. And actually
> it seems that yours is one off, where there were 15 recipients in my
> message, it started matching at 14, not 15. Using the above, the first
> address is not being picked up...thanks gain.

Since that regex is looking for ,'s there would be 14 in a list of 15
recipients.

Re: How to stop these?

Posted by Robert Fitzpatrick <li...@webtent.net>.

Re: How to stop these?

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Anyone seen these, first reported to us today, but a lot...can
> they be stopped. Bayes even gives negative score...we are running
> SA 3.2.1 with SARE rules, Botnet, KAM, chickenpox...
>
> http://esmtp.webtent.net/mail1.txt

Hrm. About the only useful thing I can see is the number of
recipients. You might want to add a point for more than ten or so
addresses in the TO: header. I posted some rules for that a few days
ago.

That X-Mailer looks really suspicious, too.

And give AOL a few points, just on principle. :)

  The one political issue that strips all politicians bare is
  individual gun rights.
 Tomorrow: The 1928th anniversary of the destruction of Pompeii