Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Konstantin Pelykh <kp...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/17 00:26:52 UTC

RowDeletingIterator returns deleted records when cq is specified

It seem that there might be a bug in RowDeletingIterator:

after using RowDeletingIterator I get expected results when querying by
rowId and CF, e.g.

scan -b myrowid  -c field/abc -t table <---- doesn't return deleted rows as
expected

however if I add column qualified to the query, I see deleted items.

scan -b myrowid  -c field/abc:sample_qualifier -t table <-- returns deleted
rows

After major compaction the problem goes away.

Is it expected behavior?

Konstantin

Re: RowDeletingIterator returns deleted records when cq is specified

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
I've created ACCUMULO-3905
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3905> based on your
description.

-Eric

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
I made a suggestion on the issue. It involves a change to the
underlying system iterator that I think might work. No change to
RowDeletingIterator will work, because it has no ability to inform the
underlying system iterator outside of changing the column families.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.