Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Eigenmann <an...@koalix.com> on 2006/06/22 21:43:22 UTC

xml catalog and image resolving

hi

i try to convert a docbook fo file with images.
if i set a xml catalog, fop isn't able to open the images.
also if the catalog is empty and there is no relevant entry in it.

the error message is:

SCHWERWIEGEND: Unable to obtain stream from id
'file://D:/test/pictures/TestImage.png'
22.06.2006 19:01:21 org.apache.fop.fo.flow.ExternalGraphic bind
SCHWERWIEGEND: Image not available: url(pictures/TestImage.png)

but the file D:/test/pictures/TestImage.png exists.

the same transformation works fine under mac os x. :-)

thanks for any help

andreas

Re: xml catalog and image resolving

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I tried to reproduce it but I didn't manage. The code's not really
beautiful but it works. Unfortunately, the error log for the "Unable to
obtain stream..." swallows the original error. Try to set a breakpoint
in org.apache.fop.images.ImageFactory.loadImage () to find out the
original reason for the exception there. Good luck.

On 22.06.2006 21:43:22 Andreas Eigenmann wrote:
> hi
>
> i try to convert a docbook fo file with images.
> if i set a xml catalog, fop isn't able to open the images.
> also if the catalog is empty and there is no relevant entry in it.
>
> the error message is:
>
> SCHWERWIEGEND: Unable to obtain stream from id
> 'file://D:/test/pictures/TestImage.png'
> 22.06.2006 19:01:21 org.apache.fop.fo.flow.ExternalGraphic bind
> SCHWERWIEGEND: Image not available: url(pictures/TestImage.png)
>
> but the file D:/test/pictures/TestImage.png exists.
>
> the same transformation works fine under mac os x. :-)

Jeremias Maerki