Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Craig Riecke <Cr...@cxtec.com> on 2009/05/17 21:04:18 UTC

Dealing With Namespace-Hostile Web Services

I'm communicating with a vendor who is barely past chiselling XML messages on stone tablets.  They have a POX service , but refuse to accept any elements with namespace declarations.  ODE 1.3.2 deals with the POX part well through HTTP binding, but insists on putting namespace declarations on message parts.  Since <invoke> insists on an input var with message parts, I can't do tricks like using xs:any or xs:string vars.

Any way around this?

Re: Dealing With Namespace-Hostile Web Services

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
I'd describe the service using standard WSDL 1.1 and use a proxy to
convert the XML to the expected format.

alex