Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/30 22:41:58 UTC

[DISCUSSION] standard area for translated Release Notes

Re the threads concerning using Pootle to aid in the translation of Release
Notes:

http://markmail.org/message/cwhcikscww6zbehs

http://markmail.org/message/aqedfzwi2eickbvz

Can we standardize on a location in the native language websites where
these could go?

/<native lang>/releases

? maybe?

On the main site they are in /development/releases

but I wouldn't necessarily suggest this same hierarchy.
Once these are setup, we can begin experimenting in this direction.

MzK

"If you stick with a vision, it might not all work,
 but some of it will be absolute genius."
                                           -- Kim Cattrall

Re: [DISCUSSION] standard area for translated Release Notes

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Kay Schenk wrote:
> Can we standardize on a location in the native language websites where
> these could go?
> /<native lang>/releases

Provided we don't localize directory or file names, something like
http://www.openoffice.org/es/releases/4.0.0/release-notes.html
http://www.openoffice.org/fr/releases/4.0.0/release-notes.html
http://www.openoffice.org/it/releases/4.0.0/release-notes.html
looks OK to me (or maybe just index.html if we want to have an
index.html; but I would still like to have 4.0.0 as a directory so we
can add readme.html and other possible files as needed).

This holds regardless of whether Pootle is involved or not: we can
always send HTML files, ask volunteers to return them translated and
upload them to standard locations.

Regards,
   Andrea.