Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Ryan J Ollos <rj...@apache.org> on 2015/02/12 07:54:34 UTC

Re: Robot users

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Ryan Ollos <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 27 January 2015 at 10:29, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I was looking at Ryan's suggestion of adding the SpamFilterPlugin last
>> > night and I wasn't sure whether it was working properly. I think we will
>> > need some advice on the appropriate setup for this to show a captcha for
>> > registration.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >     Gary
>> >

>> ​Would anyone mind if we turned off registration for a bit? Or does anyone
>> think it will begin a new phase in the spamming?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>     Gary​
>>

> Turning it off for a few days is probably a good idea.
>
> If you, John and I can rendezvous on IRC for a few hours this weekend, I
> think we could knock out a few of these infrastructure items, including
> SpamFilterPlugin configuration.
>
> - Ryan

I disabled the registration module as a temporary measure. There are
hundreds of spam accounts in the issue tracker now. The SpamFilterPlugin
has some specific features that will help us identify and delete those
accounts.

- Ryan

Re: Robot users

Posted by John Chambers <ch...@apache.org>.
Thanks Ryan.

I am still planning on upgrading i.a.o bloodhound to 0.8 and installing the
SpamFilterPlugin. But this is taking some time because I am trying to get
familiar with Bloodhound administration and the installation on i.a.o. I am
hoping to get this done in the next week.

Cheers

John

Re: Robot users

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.