Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by David Remy <dr...@bea.com> on 2004/06/25 03:24:33 UTC

Hosting a web application

Just to be sure before I go hunting around for other options does anyone
on this list know if Apache has a way for projects to host web
applications?  I am thinking of a place to develop the online xmlbeans
compiler, schema validator, and instance validator ...  It seems like
other ideas like this will pop up in the future, I wonder how other
Apache project support this (do they?).

Ted, do you know?

Thanks

RE: Hosting a web application

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> > does anyone on this list know if Apache has a way for projects to host
web
> > applications?  I am thinking of a place to develop the online xmlbeans
> > compiler, schema validator, and instance validator

As a long term public web app?

> You might approach infrastructure for this. ajax, the new HP box
> collocated at SurfNet might be a candidate, but it's been installed
> only recently so might still need some proper tune-up.

We need to do more work with it, yes.  We installed Java 1.4.2 on it, but
have not yet installed tomcat or anything else interesting.

	--- Noel

RE: Hosting a web application

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 25 Jun 2004, at 03:24, David Remy wrote:

> Just to be sure before I go hunting around for other options does
> anyone
> on this list know if Apache has a way for projects to host web
> applications?  I am thinking of a place to develop the online xmlbeans
> compiler, schema validator, and instance validator ...  It seems like
> other ideas like this will pop up in the future, I wonder how other
> Apache project support this (do they?).

You might approach infrastructure for this. ajax, the new HP box
collocated at SurfNet might be a candidate, but it's been installed
only recently so might still need some proper tune-up.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Hosting a web application

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.