Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Fox,Tim" <Ti...@t-mobile.net> on 2005/01/14 17:51:44 UTC

mod_jk jni worker - can i have more than one server process?

Hi All-

I am interesting in using the in processes jni_worker with apache 2.0 on linux.

My question concerns the number of instances of a jvm, and hence tomcat that will be created.

I'm no apache expert but my understanding is that, on linux the default mpm configuration will have multiple child server processes created.

Does that mean there will be multiple jvms and hence multiple tomcat instances instantiated? Or is the jvm somehow "shared" across processes?

Is it a requirement of using the jni worker that the number of child server processes is limited to 1 in the apache config?

Any help greatly appreciated.