Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by "Stephan E. Schlierf" <st...@vsa.de> on 2004/03/11 08:47:15 UTC

Internal links

Hello,

as recommended I defined menues in site.xml.
Now I wonder whether it's possible in a document to link to a
"menue"-element defined in site.xml
I think of something like
<link href="internal:acme"></link>
in a document where site.xml looks like
<acme label="Another acronym" href="foo.html"/>

Another question: If the first one is possible, what do I do if the
nodes in site.xml are not unique ?
In my site.xml I have something like
<tools label="Tools" href="tools/" tab="tools">
     <intro label="Overview" href="index.html" />
</tools>
<components label="Components and modules" href="comps/" tab="comps">
     <intro label="Overview" href="index.html" />
</components>
Here the node "intro" is defined twice. Is it possible to make the links
to "tools/node" and "components/node" well-defined ?

TIA,
Stephan

Re: Internal links

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Stephan E. Schlierf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as recommended I defined menues in site.xml.
> Now I wonder whether it's possible in a document to link to a
> "menue"-element defined in site.xml
> I think of something like
> <link href="internal:acme"></link>
> in a document where site.xml looks like
> <acme label="Another acronym" href="foo.html"/>

See internal linking at
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/linking.html#indirect-linking (also
answers second question, below, I think)

Ross