Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <bu...@buanzo.com.ar> on 2008/09/08 22:04:41 UTC

Need to re-checkout after repos upgrade to 1.5?

Re: Need to re-checkout after repos upgrade to 1.5?

Posted by Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <bu...@buanzo.com.ar>.

Re: Need to re-checkout after repos upgrade to 1.5?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Sep 8, 2008, at 18:31, Andy Levy wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 18:04, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
>
>> I know I have to svnadmin upgrade each repo after upgrading
>> subversion to 1.5+, I also know I have
>> to run svn-populate-node-origins-index, too.
>>
>> But... what do the clients (1.5 already) need to do? Is there any
>> need to re-checkout the project?
>
> Nothing. Unless your URLs or UUIDs changed, in which case you'd need
> to svn switch or svn switch --relocate on each WC.

If the URL *to* your repository changed (because you moved where the
repository is on the server disk, or you changed hostnames or
protocols or port numbers), you need to "svn switch --relocate"

If the URL to your project *within* your repository changed (because
you "svn mv"ed it in another working copy or with direct repository
URLs), you need to "svn switch"

If the repository UUID changed (because you dumped the repository and
then loaded the dumpfile into a new repository and used the --ignore-
uuid flag when loading, for example because the new repository will
not be identical to the old repository because you filtered out some
revisions with svndumpfilter), you need to throw away your working
copies and check out new ones.

Re: Need to re-checkout after repos upgrade to 1.5?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.