Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kumar Pandey <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/27 00:00:00 UTC

Re: Tomcat 5.0.28, Socket hanging on sending 20KB data for 16 minutes -Fixed!!

OK we finally pinnned the issue down to a client's
proxy server.
We have few ajax refreshes happening on our html
pages. Under certain conditions IE sends a RST when
its unable to serve these requests (you can quickly
verify this by running ethreal while viewing new Yahoo
pages with real time updates on e-mail weather etc).
These RST were not getting propageted by the proxy
server to our server. Thus our server kept sending
re-transmissions on that socket.

Once the proxy was set to just do passthru , eveythign
worked fine as the server received RST sent from the
browser.

Thanks
Kumar Pandey

--- Kumar Pandey <kp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If it was synchronization issue at the code level
> then
> I should have seen the issue during load test in our
> env.
>
> We see the issue only for the traffic coming from
> this
> specific network even for just one user in the
> system.
> Cpu is 99% idle.
>
> Also IE just allows 2 socket connection from the
> browser at any given time for that instance of IE.I
> see upto 30 threads tied up to service one user
> session requests for 20KB of data. Each finally
> clears
> up after 16 minutes. Meanhile other users accessing
> from other networks (even from India)
> does not have this issue. Their request for same
> data
> is getting serviced under sub seconds. by remaining
> threads not tied up.
>
> Does anyone have any idea on the re-transmissions of
> the same packets from server tcp layer to broswer
> thus
> hanging the connection for upto 16 minutes in Linux
> FC4, Tomcat 5.0.28. Who is closing the connection
> after  ~16 minutes etc.
>
> Thanks
> Kumar
>
> --- Rajeev Jha <jh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > looking at
> http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/javadoc/
> > ,

org.jfree.chart.encoders.EncoderUtil.writeBufferedImage