Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Andre Kovacs <an...@mail.com> on 2005/08/04 21:11:15 UTC

JCS cluster on a single box

I would like to know if there's a way to configure JCS to run on multiple nodes on a single box.

I'm using Lateral UDP Discovery, but JCS forces using TCP as transmission type and a port that must be specified in the config file.

Here's my Lateral Cache config:
"jcs.auxiliary.LTCP=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TransmissionTypeName=TCP
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=1110
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.PutOnlyMode=true
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryAddr=224.10.10.10
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryPort=5555
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryEnabled=true
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.Receive=true"

Is there a way to do automatic tcp listener port binding, instead of adding the TcpListenerPort attribute? Or use UDP as the transmission protocol?

Thanks,
       Andre Kovacs