Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/09/26 01:09:50 UTC

Re: Any Topics for next community Tech Interchange April-11 @3pm GMT / 11am EST / 8am PST

Hi Chetan,

The greatest news can go to that OpenWhisk officially first-time released all the 12 modules under Apache as incubator project.
We have walked through the voting processes for all the modules, and we passed all the vote mails.

The download links are available here: http://openwhisk.incubator.apache.org/downloads.html
Some runtime links may return 404, since the Apache mirror is synchronizing. Eventually all the links will be update-to-date.

Next, the following bulletins will play out:
Each repo can plan its own release, but must follow the apache release process to plan new releases.
Based on the current design, OpenWhisk core service needs to pin specific versions for runtimes, CLI and any other possible modules for further release.
Each of the 12 modules needs to have changelog in future releases, and plan its own pace to release.
New runtime or openwhisk project needs to launch the same journey compliant with Apache process, if it is planned to release.
One artifact, including all modules, should be provided for download, and all modules work together after extracting. We need a to plan one future milestone version to catch all the modules. We need to discuss how to do it. My concern is whether we should include the runtimes, since the number of runtimes keeps on increasing. It is a good idea to package them into the unified artifact.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenWhisk Contributor, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United States