Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Christians Izquierdo <ci...@timeindustrial.com> on 2002/08/10 21:47:07 UTC

Beginner's question

Hi,

I'm new to axis and web services. I have a question that I think should be
easy to answer.

How can I access a configuration file from a web service? Do they have a
context? something similar to what is available to servlets?

I don't want to hardcode configuration parameters such as which database or
LDAP server to connect to. What's the "web service" way of doing this?

Thanks,
	Chris

Re: Beginner's question

Posted by Brian Ewins <Br...@btinternet.com>.
The J2EE (and webservice) way to look up environment-specific info is to
use JNDI. These links may help you:

http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html