Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com> on 2017/03/03 09:01:22 UTC

Re: Formatting Pages in Calc

At 23:44 02/03/2017 +0000, John van Barneveld wrote:
>I have a spreadsheet with four sheets, the third
>of which I want printed in landscape and the
>rest in portrait. It seems when I set in
>Format-Page it formats all four the same ...

Because you are modifying the page style which
currently applies to all parts of your document.

>... forcing me to print each page separately. This is fine for printing ...

Well, not exactly fine: it would be easier if you
could set the third sheet to print in landscape
automatically, of course - and you can.

>... but I want to save a four page .pdf with the one page as landscape.

There are workarounds for this, but you don't need these.

>Can anyone tell me how to go about this please.

Page orientation is a property of page styles. If
you have not consciously set any page style, all
your pages will probably have the Default page
style. You can see this when you go to Format |
Page...: the panel is headed Page Style: Default.
So all you need is to use a different page style for the rogue sheet.

o Go to Format | Styles and Formatting... (or
click the Styles and Formatting button in the
Formatting toolbar, or press F11).
o Click the Page Styles button in the Styles and Formatting window.
o Click Default (or whatever your main style is called).
o Click the "New Style from Selection" button.
o Give your new style a name.
o Right-click the new style name in the list and select Modify... .
o Change the orientation of this style to Landscape.
o With the rogue sheet displayed, double-click
the new style name to apply it to that sheet.
o VoilĂ !

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker