Posted to repository@apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/26 13:33:51 UTC

experimental publishing

we are getting ready to do a release of smartfrog, this time with an
publish to the big repository and associated poms.

Is there any staging mechanism where I can try to publish to see if
things work, and to have the poms pre-validated?

-steve

Re: experimental publishing

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.
On 26/07/06, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> no, but that'd be nice :)
>
> It's in the scope of the repository manager that is being worked on,
> but I'm a ways off from doing that right now myself.

'preflight' is the technical name for this BTW, something they use in
the printing industry to describe checking that all stages of a book
publishing works before you go live. They stole it from the airplane
pilots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preflighting

Re: experimental publishing

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
no, but that'd be nice :)

It's in the scope of the repository manager that is being worked on,
but I'm a ways off from doing that right now myself.

- Brett

--
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org
"Better Builds with Maven" book - http://library.mergere.com/