Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Langer <ja...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2007/01/31 11:44:50 UTC

incremental output problem with cocoon

I want to upgrade Cocoon 2.1-M1 to 2.1.9,

but now the outputBufferSize seems to be not working correctly.

Cocoon should buffer the output until a certain size, defined in
outputBufferSize, is reached.

I have defined it in sitemap.xmap, but Cocoon always buffer all output
until processing has finished.

Thus I must wait a long time till the Website is shown.

In Cocoon 2.1-M1 it works fine, so is that feature actually usable in
Cocoon 2.1.9?

If yes, in what way is the OutputStream send to the client and where it
is defined?

I hope anybody can help me, best regards

Jan

The sitemap.xmap is as follows:

<map:pipes default="noncaching">

<map:pipe name="caching"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.CachingProcessingPipeline">

<map:parameter name="outputBufferSize" value="102400"/>

</map:pipe>

<map:pipe name="caching-point"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.CachingPointProcessingPipeline">

<parameter name="autoCachingPoint" value="On"/>

<parameter name="outputBufferSize" value="102400"/>

</map:pipe>

<map:pipe name="noncaching"
src="org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.NonCachingProcessingPipeline"

<parameter name="outputBufferSize" value="32"/>

</map:pipe>