Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ryan Stewart <rd...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/22 19:20:31 UTC

What is executionProject?

I'm trying to modify a Maven plugin, and it currently uses
project.getExecutionProject().getCompileSourceRoots(). While trying
different configurations, I sometimes get a NPE because
getExecutionProject() returns null. I haven't been able to find a good
explanation of what this thing is. I gather that it has something to do with
forked lifecycles. Is the executionProject a new MavenProject that gets
created when you fork the build? When is it null and not null? If I need to
get the compileSourceRoots, should I first check the executionProject, then
fall back to the project if the former is null?

Re: What is executionProject?

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Its been a while admittedly since I dealt with a forked plugin, but
yes I believe the executionProject is used when the lifecycle is
forked. If you are interested in the forked roots, you would use that,
otherwise fall back to the normal project.