Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com> on 2009/02/17 08:26:20 UTC

WicketURLEncoder.QUERY_INSTANCE result not (even near) same as java.net.URLEncoder?

Hi!

The constructor WicketURLEncoder(Type type) explains a whole lot about
the compatibility of QUERY_INSTANCE and java.net.URLEncoder.

However, the results differ significantly. Specifically the
"dontNeedEncoding" characters. We had a bit of a surprise integrating
our app with another app expecting more strict encoding.

Does this difference remain intentional?

**
Martin

Re: WicketURLEncoder.QUERY_INSTANCE result not (even near) same as java.net.URLEncoder?

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Then maybe java.net.URLEncoder is more strict than the 'spec'... ok.

**
Martin

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.