Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by ol...@ppi.de on 2003/03/10 11:39:42 UTC

Sybase: JZ0BE: BatchUpdateException -- symbol table overflow

Hello,

I am using OJB with Sybase 11.5 ASE, JConnect 5.5.
I have a problem that might be specific to sybase, but
maybe someone can help me.

I have an application that writes some objects into the database.
When I write 30 objects, it works, but when I write 35, it fails
with the appended exception.

The class has a lot of attributes.  Maybe there is a size
limitation in sybase.

Is there a way to fix/bypass that problem in OJB?

Olli

-------------------------------

com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybBatchUpdateException: JZ0BE: BatchUpdateException:
Fehler beim Ausführen einer Batch-Anweisung: Too many parameters -- symbol
table overflow.
	at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseBatchUpdateException(ErrorMessage.ja
va:802)
	at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.batchLoop(SybStatement.java:1329)
	at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.sendBatch(SybStatement.java:1138)
	at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybStatement.executeBatch(SybStatement.java:1105)
	at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybPreparedStatement.executeBatch(SybPreparedStatement
.java:768)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.batch.PreparedStatementInvocationHandler.doExecut
e(PreparedStatementInvocationHandler.java:197)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.batch.PreparedStatementInvocationHandler.invoke(P
reparedStatementInvocationHandler.java:140)
	at $Proxy0.doExecute(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.batch.BatchConnection.executeBatch(BatchConnectio
n.java:287)
	at
org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl.executeBatch(Connect
ionManagerImpl.java:326)
	at
org.apache.ojb.odmg.ObjectEnvelopeTable.commit(ObjectEnvelopeTable.java:190)
	at
org.apache.ojb.odmg.TransactionImpl.doCommitOnObjects(TransactionImpl.java:3
26)
	at
org.apache.ojb.odmg.TransactionImpl.prepare(TransactionImpl.java:575)
	at
org.apache.ojb.odmg.TransactionImpl.commit(TransactionImpl.java:525)