Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2015/11/12 06:14:36 UTC

Web site structure

Sebb pointed out, rightly, that the downloads page was difficult to
find[1]. (It was buried in the documentation section.) I moved it to
the home page. I also added information about Apache, which are
required to do by the branding guidelines[2].

Take a look at the work-in-progress web site[3].

Anything else I could do to improve the navigation?

Julian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-960

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-961

[3] http://calcite.hydromatic.net/

Re: Web site structure

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Thanks - the new web site is up at http://calcite.apache.org/.

Re: Web site structure

Posted by Alexander Reshetov <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Web site structure

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
After re-reading the issue that Sebb filed, it looks good to me.

A very minor nit is that I'd add a few pixels of left and right padding
to the ASF "The contents of this website are" banner at the bottom of
the screen. I always think that's hard to read when text is right next
to the border of the browser window.

(also, thanks for already adding me to the committers list)

Re: Web site structure

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Re: Web site structure

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Both good suggestions — I will implement them.

I hesitate to use “about” since on corporate sites “about” usually contains “investors, executive team, contact”, but yes, “talks” does not warrant a top-level menu.

Re: Web site structure

Posted by Alexander Reshetov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,