Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> on 2013/03/24 00:34:51 UTC

Out of the Box demo as GSoC project?

I just submitted a proposal to Wookie to provide an out of the box demo for
Wookie [1] in the form of some new widgets and a VM with it all set up and
configured.

Maybe I could offer to mentor a similar project here in Rave? I could even
make it the same project but without the Drupal install as a separate front
end.

What do you think?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WOOKIE-410

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: Out of the Box demo as GSoC project?

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.
On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Saturday, March 23, 2013, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> > I just submitted a proposal to Wookie to provide an out of the box demo
> for
> > Wookie [1] in the form of some new widgets and a VM with it all set up
> and
> > configured.
> >
> > Maybe I could offer to mentor a similar project here in Rave? I could
> even
> > make it the same project but without the Drupal install as a separate
> front
> > end.
> >
> > What do you think?
>

> Great idea.  You might even want another one that includes a Drupal front
> end.  With the recently proposed changes, this should be possible in some
> fashion.

I'm not sure I understand what the task at hand is for this. Can someone
clarify what the output would be?

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.