Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> on 2016/02/20 16:47:08 UTC

No suitable ClassLoader found for grab

Hi All,

I distributed a Groovy script for users to test a connection to Apache
OpenOffice.

It started with grabbing jars from maven:
@Grab("org.openoffice:juh:4.1.2")
@Grab("org.openoffice:ridl:4.1.2")
@Grab("org.openoffice:unoil:4.1.2")
@Grab("org.openoffice:jurt:4.1.2")
@GrabConfig(systemClassLoader=true)

import com.sun.star.lang.XMultiComponentFactory
import com.sun.star.uno.XComponentContext
import com.sun.star.comp.helper.BootstrapException
import com.sun.star.connection.NoConnectException
import ooo.connector.BootstrapSocketConnector

Works fine for me and but one user reported this error:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup
failed:
General error during conversion: No suitable ClassLoader found for grab

java.lang.RuntimeException: No suitable ClassLoader found for grab
Method)
     at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
     at

The system was Fedora 20 and
$ groovy -version
Groovy Version: 1.8.9 JVM: 1.7.0_79 Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS: Linux
$ javac -version
javac 1.7.0_79

Same user reported no problems on another machine with Fedora 23 and
Groovy version 2.4.4 and Java 8

I'm new using grab so it could be me.

Any ideas what can cause this error?

Thanks,
Carl Marcum
Apache OpenOffice committer and PMC member

Re: No suitable ClassLoader found for grab

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
Pascal,

Thank for the feedback !

Best regards,