Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by ma...@gmail.com, ma...@gmail.com on 2018/11/15 14:09:22 UTC

reg airflow on kubernetes

Hi,
I was following the below steps to run airflow on kubernetes and getting below error.
Can any one share thoughts or point to detailed steps to install airflow on kubernetes?

Error:
The POD status is "Pending" and shows error "Pod has unbound PersistentVolumeClaims (repeated 2 times)"

Steps:
sed -ie "s/KubernetesExecutor/LocalExecutor/g" scripts/ci/kubernetes/kube/configmaps.yaml
./scripts/ci/kubernetes/docker/build.sh
./scripts/ci/kubernetes/kube/deploy.sh

thanks.

Re: reg airflow on kubernetes

Posted by ma...@gmail.com, ma...@gmail.com.

On 2018/11/16 13:12:32, Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org> wrote:
> Pod has unbound PersistentVolumeClaims sounds like an error from Kubernetes.
>
> Have you specificed any specific persistent volumes in your kube config for Airflow? Are you running in AWS with EBS volume provisioning - if so https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/34583 could be your issue (Not that is "closed" but the problem still persists)
>
> -ash
>

> > On 15 Nov 2018, at 14:09, manojbabu.dm@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I was following the below steps to run airflow on kubernetes and getting below error.
> > Can any one share thoughts or point to detailed steps to install airflow on kubernetes?
> >
> > Error:
> > The POD status is "Pending" and shows error "Pod has unbound PersistentVolumeClaims (repeated 2 times)"
> >
> > Steps:
> > sed -ie "s/KubernetesExecutor/LocalExecutor/g" scripts/ci/kubernetes/kube/configmaps.yaml
> > ./scripts/ci/kubernetes/docker/build.sh
> > ./scripts/ci/kubernetes/kube/deploy.sh
> >
> > thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using default hostPath configured(scripts/ci/kubernetes/kube/volumes.yaml) not trying on AWS with EBS volume Just on my local VM with Ubuntu 16.0.4.

Re: reg airflow on kubernetes

Posted by ma...@gmail.com, ma...@gmail.com.
Thanks for your reply. I was using the default hostpath configured in scripts/ci/kubernetes/kube/volumes.yaml. Not with EC2 & EBS volume just trying on local VM with Ubuntu 16.0.4.

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.