Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Vadim Semenov <va...@datadoghq.com> on 2016/08/27 02:40:02 UTC

Dynamically change executors settings

Hi spark users,

I wonder if it's possible to change executors settings on-the-fly.
I have the following use-case: I have a lot of non-splittable skewed files
in a custom format that I read using a custom Hadoop RecordReader. These
files can be small & huge and I'd like to use only one-two cores per
executor while they get processed (to use the whole heap). But once they
got processed I'd like to enable all cores.
I know that I can achieve this by splitting it into two separate jobs but I
wonder if it's possible to somehow achieve the behavior I described.

Thanks!

Re: Dynamically change executors settings

Posted by li...@gmail.com.
Hi,

No, currently you can't change the setting.

// maropu