Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glenn Adams <ga...@apache.org> on 2016/02/26 06:09:09 UTC

Testing batik: running 'regard' ant target

Is anyone running the batik test suite, i.e., the 'regard' target, on a
regular basis? If not, when is the last time you recall running it to
completion, e.g., from ^/xmlgraphics/batik/trunk?

Re: Testing batik: running 'regard' ant target

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I have been away from the mailing list but it seems no one has
answered. Last time I tried to run regard was almost two years ago, and
it never ran to completion. I do not find the regard test suite as is
useful because many tests are environment dependent. If you run it in a
different machine you will get different results. There is a way to
update the expected results but even then comparisons seem to be
problematic. But the idea of automated tests falls apart if the results
depend on the machine. I am in favor of disabling or even removing all
environment dependent tests.