Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Hughes <mi...@gf-x.com> on 2003/06/12 15:22:02 UTC

xsd:unique & xsd:key

I had a look at the list of outstanding bugs for xerces, and found
number 17386 that states that xsd:key doesn't report duplicates.

Am I correct in assuming that xsd:unique does not work as well?

It's just that I have experimented with these facilities and have not
been able to get them working.

Thanks for any help.

RE: xsd:unique & xsd:key

Posted by Michael Hughes <mi...@gf-x.com>.
Thanks for the examples, I'll try them and let you know how I get on.

	I have attached some sample files to show the use of key and
unique. They work fine for me. The bug you are looking at is a bug
regarding keys not working correctly when using the descendant axis in
xpath.

Gareth

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Michael Hughes wrote:

> I had a look at the list of outstanding bugs for xerces, and found
> number 17386 that states that xsd:key doesn't report duplicates.
>
> Am I correct in assuming that xsd:unique does not work as well?
>
> It's just that I have experimented with these facilities and have not
> been able to get them working.
>
> Thanks for any help.

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com
XML Development and Services

Re: xsd:unique & xsd:key

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.