Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Spico Florin <sp...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/17 16:30:50 UTC

Check if UimaAsynchronousEngine is running

Hello!
    Is there any method to ask if the UimaAsynchronousEngine is still
running or is in the process of shutting down?

Thank you.
  Regards,
  Florin

Re: Check if UimaAsynchronousEngine is running

Posted by Vinod <vk...@hotmail.com>.

One way to check is to see what processes are running.

Re: Check if UimaAsynchronousEngine is running

Posted by Spico Florin <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hello!
  Thank you for your helpful answers. I was using Jerry's approach : when
the client is stopping via the stop() method before this call of the method
I'm setting up a volatile boolean field that marks that the UIMAEngine is
stopping. Then, in a different part of my code where the engine is also
involved in the sending process, I'm checking up this
 boolean field.

Kind regards,
 Florin

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.