Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/12 23:21:47 UTC

[m2] A question about m1 project.xml files and m2 poms

In the interest of not having to fix the Struts poms after they get
into the repository, what can I do in m1 project.xml files that will
make life easier?

I can't find it now, but on a MEV bug ticket I think Brett advised adding

Should I, for example, do this:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
      <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
      <version>2.3</version>
      <url>http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/</url>
      <properties>
        <scope>provided</scope>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
?

And <scope>test</scope> for the JUnit dependency?

Thanks,
Wendy

Re: [m2] A question about m1 project.xml files and m2 poms

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Yep, that's one! We are adding support for converting other properties
like optional as well.