Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ciaran Whyte <ci...@FireEye.com> on 2018/08/24 11:55:55 UTC

How to limit the number of topics allow to be created

Hi,

Is it possible to set a limit on the number of topics allowed to be auto created by kafka?

We’re worried about run away topic creation from a bad actor and would like to define a limit/

We’ve tried using the  “create.topic.policy.class.name” property to modify the validate() function to check the limit before creating.

But this doesn’t seem to know about  the current number of topics and doesn’t allow you to make use of the adminClient to find this information out.

Can you suggest how this would be carried out?

Thanks
Ciaran

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and/or privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.