Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/07 22:58:55 UTC

Finding a better way to adjust video quality on sender side

Hi,

right now it's quite complicated in order to change your video resolution
on the sender side.

It defaults to 120x90. And pretty hard to change.

Cause there is a constraint in
https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/openmeetings-web/src/main/java/org/apache/openmeetings/web/room/raw-settings.js#L120

*const* _res = $('#video-settings .cam-resolution option:selected').data();

And you can only change those settings if the user goes to:
https://YOUR_IP:5443/openmeetings/hash?app=settings

Updates the resolution on the dropdown, saves, goes back into the room,
goes back to sharing video.

If you bring up the settings dialog inside the conference room this
resolution setting is not visible. So you can't adjust the resolution from
inside the conference room at all.

How about we make resolution settings available to users to adjust from
inside the conference room ?
Also could we make the default (120x90) configurable ?

Thanks
Seb

Sebastian Wagner
Director Arrakeen Solutions
http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url>

Re: Finding a better way to adjust video quality on sender side

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sebastian,

Settings dialog in the rooms should be fixed:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-2320

According to interview room: it is historically so :)
Room UI can handle resolution change, conversion process will need to be
tested/re-worked in case resolution can be changed :)

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Finding a better way to adjust video quality on sender side

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.