Posted to user@commons.apache.org by te...@free.fr on 2004/01/02 23:39:11 UTC

[Jelly] How to know the Tag type inside tag class ?

Hello.

My stupid question of the new year :0)
I want to use one tag class processing for several xml tag.
For exemple the registring TagLibrary contains:
		this.registerTag("declaration",DeclarationTag.class);
		this.registerTag("referential-source",DomainTag.class);
		this.registerTag("entity-source",ObjectTag.class);
		this.registerTag("data-source",AttributeTag.class);
		this.registerTag("referential-target",DomainTag.class);
		this.registerTag("entity-target",ObjectTag.class);
		this.registerTag("Data-target",AttributeTag.class);

And I can have this
<declaration>
  <referential-source name="shared" version="1.2">
    <entity-source name="person">
      <data-source name="name"/>
      <data-source name="forname"/>
    </entity-source>
  </referential-source>

  <referential-target name="specific-my-application" version="1.3">
    <entity-target name="inetorgperson">
      <data-target name="givenname"/>
      <data-target name="surname"/>
    </entity-target>
  </referential-target>
</declaration>

But how can I know which XML tag fire the DoTag of AttributeTag.class for
example, data-source or data-target ?

I had scanned the XMLoutput object, but it's not visible ?
Do I have to examin the registry of TagLibrary ?

Thanks

Marc DeXeT

Re: [Jelly] How to know the Tag type inside tag class ?

Posted by te...@free.fr.
Selon peter royal <pr...@apache.org>:

> On Jan 2, 2004, at 5:39 PM, texed75@free.fr wrote:
> > But how can I know which XML tag fire the DoTag of AttributeTag.class
> > for
> > example, data-source or data-target ?
>
> Have your tag implement LocationAware and then you will receive the
> element name via 'setElementName'
> -pete

Thank Peter.
I will try today or tomorrow.