Posted to users@camel.apache.org by MEL <ME...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2016/03/11 12:02:22 UTC

Rest DSL documentation page (CamelHttpTransportServlet and servlet-name).

I’ve been using the Rest DSL with the CamelHttpTransportServlet and have had
difficulties in getting it working; after spending some time I discovered it
only appears to work when the “<servlet-name>” in the web.xml is set to
“CamelServlet”.

I did eventually find the solution on how to change the mapping to something
else, which was to use the “endpointProperty” within the restConfiguration
and add a “servletName” value: -

E.g.
        <restConfiguration component="servlet" >
            <endpointProperty key="servletName" value="MyNewServletName"/>
        </restConfiguration>

I think something should be added to the documentation about this assumption
(default servlet name) along with a description of how to configure the
system to use a different servlet name value.

Re: Rest DSL documentation page (CamelHttpTransportServlet and servlet-name).

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
We love contributions
http://camel.apache.org/contributing

See that link how you can help with the documentation.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 12:02 PM, MEL <ME...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I’ve been using the Rest DSL with the CamelHttpTransportServlet and have had
> difficulties in getting it working; after spending some time I discovered it
> only appears to work when the “<servlet-name>” in the web.xml is set to
> “CamelServlet”.
>
> I did eventually find the solution on how to change the mapping to something
> else, which was to use the “endpointProperty” within the restConfiguration
> and add a “servletName” value: -
>
> E.g.
>         <restConfiguration component="servlet" >
>             <endpointProperty key="servletName" value="MyNewServletName"/>
>         </restConfiguration>
>

> I think something should be added to the documentation about this assumption
> (default servlet name) along with a description of how to configure the
> system to use a different servlet name value.

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus