Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by bluejack <ma...@bluejack.com> on 2002/04/18 16:37:22 UTC

Re: apache failure in throwing customized message for http error code 400

4/18/02 7:41:05 AM, "Milind Sawant" <mi...@skandiabank.ch> wrote:

>so i have configured
>ErrorDocument 400 /ErrorPage400.html
>
>But this is not working and apache always throws the standard 400 error
>message.

One thing I have noticed is that some *browsers* ignore the error
document. IE, for example. How are you verifying which error document
is being sent?

-bluejack

/* ------------------------------------------------------------------ *\
   | http://www.bluejack.com      ||     reviews of science fiction |
   |                              ||     record of the writing life |
\* ------------------------------------------------------------------ */

RE: apache failure in throwing customized message for http error code 400

Posted by Milind Sawant <mi...@skandiabank.ch>.
on apache access log i get the status code of 400 (Bad Request)
client ip address - - [18/Apr/2002:16:44:18 +0200] "GET /path to page
HTTP/1.1" 400 1050 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)"

There is no log for ErrorPage400.html so i assume it is not accessed by
apache.

I have tried this with IE 5.0,NS 4.7,NS 6.0 and all throw the same standard
400 error message.

any help on this is highly appreciated

thanks
Milind Sawant