Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Jason Jesso <jj...@global-matrix.com> on 2004/01/28 22:07:28 UTC

SimpleXPathAPI.cpp

Man, these API's are hard to follow. There's no description of what the
classes are for or do, nor what the methods do.  Just plain specification.

Anyway ...

I'm trying to adapt SimpleXPathAPI.cpp to print everything in the result
set like XPathWrapper.cpp does.

I tried this:

               const XObjectPtr  theResult(
                  theEvaluator.evaluate(
                        theDOMSupport,
                        theContextNode,
                        XalanDOMString(argv[3]).c_str(),
                        thePrefixResolver));

               const NodeRefListBase& nodeset = theResult->nodeset();

but my error is:

The text "&" is unexpected.  "NodeRefListBase" may be undeclared or
ambiguous.

Not quite sure why.

Any help?

Thanks

Re: SimpleXPathAPI.cpp

Posted by Jason Jesso <jj...@global-matrix.com>.
Thanks for your help.

Yes, that solves my problem.

I don't mean to "bad mouth" the project (Xalan).  I do understand what
these projects are all about.  Just a little frustrating in getting
started with this one.

Jason

david_n_bertoni@us.ibm.com wrote:

>Hi Jason,
>
>If you'd like to contribute to the documentation, that would great.  We
>just don't have the resources to keep up with things.  Here's the page from
>the documentation:
>
>   http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/apidocs/class_xpathevaluator.html
>
>I believe it does give some information.
>
>As far as that error is concerned, the compiler is telling you exactly what
>you need to know.  Two things to check:
>
>   1. Have you included the header file for NodeRefListBase?
>   2. Have you provided a namespace using directive?  The samples do that,
>   so you will either need to explicitly qualify the type, or have a using
>   directive:
>
>      const XALAN_CPP_NAMESPACE_QUALIFIER NodeRefListBase& nodeset =
>      theResult->nodeset();
>
>   or:
>
>      XALAN_USING_XALAN(NodeRefListBase)
>
>Dave
>

>|---------+--------------------------->
>|         |           "Jason Jesso"   |
>|         |           <jjesso@global-m|
>|         |           atrix.com>      |
>|         |                           |
>|         |           01/28/2004 01:07|
>|         |           PM              |
>|         |           Please respond  |
>|         |           to xalan-c-users|
>|---------+--------------------------->
>  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>  |                                                                                                                                                |
>  |        To:      xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org                                                                                                   |
>  |        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)                                                                                           |
>  |        Subject: SimpleXPathAPI.cpp                                                                                                             |
>  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>

>Man, these API's are hard to follow. There's no description of what the
>classes are for or do, nor what the methods do.  Just plain specification.
>
>Anyway ...
>
>I'm trying to adapt SimpleXPathAPI.cpp to print everything in the result
>set like XPathWrapper.cpp does.
>
>I tried this:
>
>               const XObjectPtr  theResult(
>                  theEvaluator.evaluate(
>                        theDOMSupport,
>                        theContextNode,
>                        XalanDOMString(argv[3]).c_str(),
>                        thePrefixResolver));
>
>               const NodeRefListBase& nodeset = theResult->nodeset();
>
>but my error is:
>
>The text "&" is unexpected.  "NodeRefListBase" may be undeclared or
> [...]

Re: SimpleXPathAPI.cpp

Posted by da...@us.ibm.com.

Hi Jason,

If you'd like to contribute to the documentation, that would great.  We
just don't have the resources to keep up with things.  Here's the page from
the documentation:

   http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/apidocs/class_xpathevaluator.html

I believe it does give some information.

As far as that error is concerned, the compiler is telling you exactly what
you need to know.  Two things to check:

   1. Have you included the header file for NodeRefListBase?
   2. Have you provided a namespace using directive?  The samples do that,
   so you will either need to explicitly qualify the type, or have a using
   directive:

      const XALAN_CPP_NAMESPACE_QUALIFIER NodeRefListBase& nodeset =
      theResult->nodeset();

   or:

      XALAN_USING_XALAN(NodeRefListBase)

Dave