Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Gareth Mc Leigh <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2005/05/25 12:48:15 UTC

log4net and .net Compact Framework

Hi,
I want to use log4net when developing for mobile devices (as there is no
Console.out).

I can get the .netcf example to run and it creates the apporpriate log text
files.

However, I don't seem to be able to create create logs on simple programs
that I write. For some reason the config file is not copied across in
deployment.

.NETCF EXAMPLE:

Copying files from 'C:\Mobile
Development\Logger\log4net-1.2.0-beta8\bin\netcf\1.0\release\' to '\Program
Files\ConsoleAppCS'
Copying log4net.dll
Copying content files to '\Program Files\ConsoleAppCS'
Copying ConsoleApp.exe.config

MyExample:
Copying files from 'C:\Mobile
Development\Logger\log4net-1.2.0-beta8\bin\netcf\1.0\debug\' to '\Program
Files\check'
Copying log4net.dll

I have tried various simple logs and even a carbon copy of the .netcf
example but the .config file is never copied across.
I have also looked at the differences between the project properties and
there does not seem to be any.
I use "log4net.Config.DOMConfigurator.Configure();" in my examples to locate
the config file, but I think this is correct.

Any help would be great,
Gareth.