Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "jk@penguinsfan.com" <jk...@penguinsfan.com> on 2006/11/28 01:04:43 UTC

Store Pending Performance

This is using durable subscription with the store pending cursor.

With a modest number of messages (~ 100,000 msgs x 10 kilobytes each) queued
up for an offline durable subscriber, I am seeing a substantial decrease in
producer enqueue performance once the durable subscriber comes online.  For
example, performance can fall to < 10 messages per second.  I am seeing this
even with the Kaha store.

(I'd much rather see the consumer performance go down than this much impact
on a producer.)

Any ideas?