Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by paavan shah <pa...@rediffmail.com> on 2004/12/06 10:20:31 UTC

[users@httpd] problem installing PHP with apache2

hi!!

i am installing PHP4.0 with apache 2.0.52 on windows XP machine.
in my httpd.conf i made following entry.

LoadModule php4_apache "c:/program files/php/sapi/php4apache.dll"

but after modifying the httpd.conf file when i restart the apache service

it gives following error.

Can't locate API module structure `php4_apache' in file C:/Program Files/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll: No error     .

please help me out on how to enable PHP support in apache2.

thanks in advance,
pavan.

Re: [users@httpd] problem installing PHP with apache2

Posted by Eimantas Vaičiūnas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
On Monday 06 December 2004 11:20, paavan  shah wrote:
> hi!!
>
> i am installing PHP4.0 with apache 2.0.52 on windows XP machine.
> in my httpd.conf i made following entry.
>
> LoadModule php4_apache "c:/program files/php/sapi/php4apache.dll"
It's php4_module
--
Eimantas Vaičiūnas
VU Skaičiavimo centras

Re: [users@httpd] problem installing PHP with apache2

Posted by Jeff <jd...@azimapower.com>.
The Disguised Jedi wrote:

>>>i am installing PHP4.0 with apache 2.0.52 on windows XP machine.
>>>in my httpd.conf i made following entry.
>>>
>>>LoadModule php4_apache "c:/program files/php/sapi/php4apache.dll"
>>>
>>>but after modifying the httpd.conf file when i restart the apache service
>>>
>>>it gives following error.
>>>
>>>Can't locate API module structure `php4_apache' in file C:/Program
>>>Files/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll: No error    .
>

> You should stick all of the following lines in your httpd.conf file to load php
>
> # ---
> # For PHP 4 do something like this:
> LoadModule php4_module "c:/program files/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll"
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> # configure the path to php.ini
> PHPIniDir "C:/WINDOWS"
> # ---

while good input has been provided to this post, i think these links should be
part of the thread, at least for the archives...

http://zend.com/manual/install.windows.manual.php
and
http://zend.com/manual/install.windows.apache2.php

following the instructions on these pages will provide a foolproof way to get
apache2 and php working....every time.

Good Luck.
Jeff

Posted by The Disguised Jedi <di...@gmail.com>.
> > i am installing PHP4.0 with apache 2.0.52 on windows XP machine.
> > in my httpd.conf i made following entry.
> >
> > LoadModule php4_apache "c:/program files/php/sapi/php4apache.dll"
> >
> > but after modifying the httpd.conf file when i restart the apache service
> >
> > it gives following error.
> >
> > Can't locate API module structure `php4_apache' in file C:/Program
> > Files/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll: No error    .

You should stick all of the following lines in your httpd.conf file to load php

# ---
# For PHP 4 do something like this:
LoadModule php4_module "c:/program files/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

# configure the path to php.ini
PHPIniDir "C:/WINDOWS"
# ---

Apache needs to know where the INI for php is.  It reports an error
with this by either stating "No Error" or "Cannot Find Module
Specified".  If you haven't already done so, move the "php.ini" file
to your windows directory.  Of course, replace any drive letters with
the real thing!

--
The Disguised Jedi
disguised.jedi@gmail.com

PHP rocks!

This message is Certified Virus Free

Re: [users@httpd] problem installing PHP with apache2

Posted by Luis Moreira <lu...@esinnovation.pt>.
If you typed everything correctly, the names don't match.
You are loading php4apache.dll and the system complaints about
php4_apache (with an underscore)

Luis