Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org> on 2019/05/10 16:50:01 UTC

Kafka 2.3 release update

Hi all,

Let's extend the KIP freeze deadline until tomorrow (Saturday) to give the current in-progress votes time to finish.  This should be the last extension.  Thanks to everyone who voted and reviewed!

Feature freeze is coming up soon.  Since we normally have it a week after KIP freeze, let's extend that until next Friday (May 17).  Remember that if your favorite feature doesn't make it into the 2.3 release, there will be a new release in just a few months.

For more details about the 2.3 release, check out https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=112820648

cheers,
Colin

Re: Kafka 2.3 release update

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
Hi All,

Just a reminder that the code freeze is now in effect. Only blockers should
be merged to the 2.3 branch. The first release candidate will be out
shortly.

Thanks,
Jason

Re: Kafka 2.3 release update